September 18, 2021
Schedule of events:
- Saturday September 18, 2021 / The ΣΝ-ΓΚ chapter will be celebrating it's 119th consecutive year as a Sigma Nu Fraternity chapter at the University of Colorado. Our ongoing legacy and successful history of the ΣΝ-ΓΚ chapter is absolutely unparalleled in comparison to any of the other CU men's Greek fraternal chapters.
- 7:00 - 8:00 am: Coffee and continental breakfast reception for all ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni and undergraduate members, families and friends at the chapter house property (arrive early to secure your “all day”parking spot near the chapter property).
- 8:00-9:30 am: Alumni Dedication Ceremony - recognition of two of our recently deceased ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni brothers by their classmates and families. Alumni brother Robert B. Sandford (ΣΝ-ΓΚ #1167) and alumni brother Aaron “Neville” Fleming (ΣΝ-ΓΚ #1719) will be remembered with bronze alumni plaques, installed at the base of our Buffalo Brothers Memorial statue (https://www.sigmanuboulder.com/buffalo-memorial/). We will also be honoring alumni brother Lester F. Newkirk (ΣΝ-ΓΚ # 291) as the initial ΣΝ-ΓΚ inductee into the Sigma Nu Hall of Honor (the highest recognition that is granted to a Sigma Nu alumnus by our National Fraternity).
- 9:30-10:45 am: Pre-game brunch tailgate (catered by The Sink; our food services provider for the ongoing undergraduate meal plan each semester) for all alumni, guests, family and undergraduate members.
- 11:00am -2:30 pm: Get ready to watch “Ralphie Run” at Folsom Field, followed by the CU Buffaloes vs University of Minnesota Gophers football game. Early kickoff is due to the national television broadcast.
***ΣΝ-ΓΚ and CU logo items / apparel***Throughout the morning alumni dedication ceremony, as well as at the afternoon tailgate barbecue following the football game, our ΣΝ-ΓΚ apparel vendor George Morhack / Carrington Creations will again be on site, with his vey large inventory of Sigma Nu Fraternity Gamma Kappa logo items and apparel, for your review and purchase.***CU vs MINNESOTA FOOTBALL TICKETS***The football game vs Big 10 opponent Minnesota is expected to be a sellout. The CU Athletic Department has reserved a bloc of 100 CU vs Minnesota football game tickets, for ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni. These tickets are located on the west side / lower bowl area / between the 30 yard lines (excellent seat locations). The remaining reserved tickets in the Sigma Nu alumni bloc, are now available on a first come / first serve to our ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni base directly from the following CU website: https://fevo.me/sigmanu2021
- 2:30-5:30 pm: Immediately return to the Sigma Nu Gamma Kappa chapter house after the football game, for a post-game barbecue celebration (win or lose) catered by The Sink. This is your opportunity to relax, visit extensively with your ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni classmates, meet active chapter members and tour the chapter property with your family. Be sure to locate your old composite on the chapter walls and visit your former chapter rooms. Both the sand volleyball and basketball courts will have games in progress throughout the day, for those ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni interested in testing their athletic skills along side the active members,
***SIGMA NU FRATERNITY HALL OF HONOR***During the recently concluded 69th Grand Chapter of the Sigma Nu Fraternity, ΣΝ-ΓΚ # 291 Lester F. Newkirk was posthumously selected and inducted into the the Sigma Nu Fraternity National Hall of Honor. Brother Les Newkirk becomes the very first Gamma Kappa chapter member selected for this most prestigious alumni award recognition. The Hall of Honor is Sigma Nu's highest distinction.
***ΣΝ-ΓΚ BOARD SEEKS ALUMNI MENTORS***
We are actively seeking ΣΝ-ΓΚ alums, to mentor the current class of Gamma Kappa active members, on “real world” career advice. Please check out the attachment to this email, to learn more and register to become an alumni mentor. Our young active brothers greatly appreciate the advice of older alumni brothers experienced in their various professional fields. No experience is necessary! This is a great opportunity to “pay it forward” and re-connect with the ΣΝ-ΓΚ chapter on a personal level. Contact ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni brother Phil Caragol (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.Continue to regularly visit and review our website www.sigmanuboulder.com for updates, information. photos and news regarding your ΣΝ-ΓΚ chapter. Please forward this email to all of your ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni / active members classmates that you have remained in contact with over the years. All ΣΝ-ΓΚ alumni are always welcomed and encouraged to visit our property compound and attend future alumni events.“CU” on September 18th at the Boulder chapter house…………